Flaxseed benefits these tiny allies of health, have taste amazing and all-around use but not yet popular.
Let’s first step back …
History teaches us that the flax has been grown for centuries and has been celebrated for its usefulness in the world, Hippocrates wrote about using flax for the relief of abdominal pain and the Emperor Charlemagne drew so many benefits from flaxseed that passed laws that favored consumption!
Talk science …
The main positive effects on health are due to their rich content in omega 3 fatty acid alpha-linolenic acid (ALA), dietary fiber and lignans as well as minerals and vitamins (especially folate, vitamin E, carotenoids, vitamins B6 and B1, Calcium, Iron, Phosphorus, Magnesium, Manganese, Copper and Selenium).
The essential fatty acids omega-3 fats are considered “good” and are potent anti-inflammatory, reduce the production of agents that promote inflammation and lower blood levels of C – reactive protein (CRP), a biomarker of inflammation. Through the actions of ALA and lignans, flaxseeds have been shown to block tumor growth in animals and to help reduce the risk of cancer in humans.
Each tablespoon of ground flaxseed contains about 1.8 grams of omega-3 plant.
Lignans are phytoestrogens, plant compounds that have estrogen-like effects and antioxidant properties. Phytoestrogens help stabilize hormonal levels by reducing the symptoms of PMS and menopause and potentially reducing the risk of developing breast cancer and prostate cancer.
How to take flaxseeds benefits …
Flax seeds are on the market everywhere, supermarkets or organic food stores, are basically of two types or varieties: brown and golden yellow color.
The color difference does not seem to affect the chemical content of the food, which is why the chemical analysis both show the same proportion of essential polyunsaturated fatty acids omega 3 that the right choice is only a function of your preference.
Their use in the kitchen is really very varied …
- You can add them to yogurt or ice cream with fruit pieces to obtain a snack fresh and fast;
- Added in soups give a crunchy taste that will be really appreciated;
- You can prepare a mixture of flax seed, corn flakes and muesli slightly beaten in a mortar and use it to coat meatballs, croquettes, pies, cutlets, bread and much more …
Unleash your imagination !!!
Latest tips …
- As also all, the flaxseed if consumed in excessive amounts can cause problems, it has been demonstrated, as rich in fiber, which can slow or reverse the effect of oral therapies.
- The consumption of ground flaxseed involves a better absorption of nutrients, the seeds eaten whole pass easily into the intestinal tract without being digested and therefore no benefits.
- It is best to grind the seeds just before serving,to maintain all the nutritional properties, you can save seeds crushed in a glass container in the refrigerator for up to 2 days.